Make-Ahead Chicken Bake Recipe
This crunchy, saucy hot dish is potluck-perfect! It’s so convenient because you can make the casserole the day before and bake it the day of the potluck. It’s good made with turkey, too.
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pimientos, optional
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, chow mein noodles and almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Chicken Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Chicken Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >