- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pimientos, optional
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, chow mein noodles and almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Chicken Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p37
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Make-Ahead Chicken Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2009
Can this be frozen?