My son-in-law is a professional chef, and he shared this original recipe with me last year. The salad is an excellent medley of fresh vegetables and mixed dried fruit–I even make my own fresh bacon bits to to the mix.
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- Dash salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, dried fruit and onion. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey and salt. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or overnight. Just before serving, top with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Broccoli Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p200
Reviews for Make-Ahead Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review