Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green or red pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Picante sauce and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, onion and pepper; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- 2. Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with picante sauce and sour cream if desired.
- 3. To freeze and reheat burritos: Wrap each burrito in waxed paper and foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. To use, remove foil and waxed paper. Place one burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/4 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°, turning burrito over once. Let stand for 20 seconds. Yield: 12 burritos.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos
"Easy to make, convenient, and tasty."
"After seeing these made at the Taste of Home Cooking School in Orlando, I had to make them for my youngest son. He loves just about anything in a tortilla and this recipe was no exception! I used red pepper because I find green pepper to be bitter. I also cooked bacon and cut it up adding to the mixture for even more flavor. I did add salt and pepper as seasonings too, only because I always season my eggs. We had them the morning I made them and have not tried them after being frozen but they will make a great quick, hearty breakfast on school mornings next week. As a Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor, I highly recommend this recipe. A great choice for a brunch buffet too.Suggestion: Don't overfill the tortillas. Doing so will make it difficult to roll up the burritos."
"Great flavor and easy to make!"
"For my husband to ask for "more" especially when it is not Oatmeal/Bacon/eggs it has to be worth it!!"
"I've been making these burritos for almost twenty years. They will be a favorite forever with my family."