Majestic Cherry Pie Recipe
Cherries are my favorite fruit so creating this pie featuring them was a hit in my family.—Louise Piper, Garner, Iowa
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups pitted fresh Rainier cherries
- 1 cup halved pitted fresh Bing cherries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, tapioca and salt. Add cherries and lemon juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 442 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Majestic Cherry Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC