- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup cold mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil. Spread coconut mixture into pan. Cover and chill overnight. Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. rectangles. Cover and freeze.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip bars in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews for Maine Potato Candy(3)
Sort By :
Don't let the name or ingredients throw you off for this recipe. If you like coconut this is the one to make!!! It is so good, even better than mounds candy. You can even keep it in the freezer a little while to save time on the holidays. People are so impressed by these homade candies. its nice too that that they are rectangles which will set them apart from the rest of the 'ball' candy.
These are excellant.Even my girls love these and there adults now