Maine Mud Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk and applesauce (dough will be thick and moist).
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spread with a fork to make irregular shapes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 56 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Maine Mud Cookies
"My kids love these!!"
"consistency of a sponge, just so-so flavor"
"Strange texture, weird aftertaste. Not great."
"Okay taste, but not a fan of the cakey texture. I added almond slivers to give them some consistency, which helped, but I would not make them again."
"these were fairly good cookies..really chocolatey and rich...i also added semisweet chocolate chips but i think walnuts would also be really good!"