Maine Mud Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk and applesauce (dough will be thick and moist).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spread with a fork to make irregular shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Maine Mud Cookies
Sort By :
My kids love these!!
consistency of a sponge, just so-so flavor
Strange texture, weird aftertaste. Not great.
Okay taste, but not a fan of the cakey texture. I added almond slivers to give them some consistency, which helped, but I would not make them again.
these were fairly good cookies..really chocolatey and rich...i also added semisweet chocolate chips but i think walnuts would also be really good!