Maine Blueberry Pie with Crumb Topping Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 12 shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and thyme and lemon peel if desired; toss gently. Spoon into crust; dot with butter.
- 3. In a food processor, cover and process cookies until coarsely chopped. Add remaining topping ingredients; process until crumbly. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- 4. Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 462 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Maine Blueberry Pie with Crumb Topping
"So easy but so delicious. I used vanilla wafer crust and vanilla wafers in topping."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.