- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and
- thyme and lemon peel if desired; toss gently. Spoon into crust; dot
- with butter.
- In a food processor, cover and process cookies until coarsely
- chopped. Add remaining topping ingredients; process until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is
- bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent
- overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped
- cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 462 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.