Maine Blueberry Pie with Crumb Topping Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 12 shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and thyme and lemon peel if desired; toss gently. Spoon into crust; dot with butter.
- In a food processor, cover and process cookies until coarsely chopped. Add remaining topping ingredients; process until crumbly. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maine Blueberry Pie with Crumb Topping in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p224
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Maine Blueberry Pie with Crumb Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crumb Topping Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >