Main-Dish Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 cooked small shrimp
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, dill, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper; whisk in oil. Stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place romaine on a plate. Layer with tomato, celery and shrimp. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 264 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Main-Dish Shrimp Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.