Main-Dish Shrimp Salad
Susan Pursell of Garden Grove, California created this refreshing layered salad full of tangy bite-size shrimp, juicy tomatoes and crisp greens.
1 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 cooked small shrimp
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, dill, mustard,
- garlic powder, salt and pepper; whisk in oil. Stir in shrimp. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place romaine on a plate. Layer with tomato, celery and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without cheese) equals 264 calories, 16 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.