Main-Dish Shrimp Salad Recipe
Susan Pursell of Garden Grove, California created this refreshing layered salad full of tangy bite-size shrimp, juicy tomatoes and crisp greens.
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 cooked small shrimp
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, dill, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper; whisk in oil. Stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place romaine on a plate. Layer with tomato, celery and shrimp. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Main-Dish Shrimp Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Main-Dish Shrimp Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Salad Recipes For Two >
- Salads >