- Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Add the salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of Kahlua mixture. Cook and stir
- until liquid is almost evaporated.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese spread ingredients; cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- Crumble beef into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; mix
- well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes. Turn; grill
- 5-8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and
- juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining Kahlua
- mixture. Grill rolls, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Spread rolls with cheese spread; top with burgers and mushroom
- mixture. Replace tops.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 674 calories, 40 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,238 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now