- buttermilk. Add water; mix well. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool
- For frosting, in a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, egg whites,
- water, corn syrup and cream of tartar. With a portable mixer, beat
- mixture on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating on low over low
- heat until a candy thermometer reads 160°, about 5 minutes. Pour
- into the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; add extract. Beat on high
- until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. Spread frosting between
- layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 368 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.