- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat sugar, buttermilk,
- oil, eggs and extract until well blended. In another bowl, combine
- flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and allspice; gradually beat into
- sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots, pineapple, walnuts and
- Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup
- and baking soda in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour glaze over hot cakes; cool 10 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until smooth.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting.
- Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 681 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.