Magic Mousse Recipe
Chocolate lovers will adore this melt-in-your-mouth mousse from the Home-maker Schools Recipe Collection.(To learn more about the schools, see page 66.) Dishes of this delightfully sweet dessert are a breeze to whip up ahead of time, yet they taste like you fussed.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- English toffee bits
- In a small bowl, combine cold water and gelatin; let stand for 2 minutes. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Add the cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in gelatin mixture just until blended.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with toffee bits. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Magic Mousse in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p56
Reviews for Magic Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2014
"This has been one of my kids favourite recipes."