Chocolate lovers will adore this melt-in-your-mouth mousse from the Home-maker Schools Recipe Collection.(To learn more about the schools, see page 66.) Dishes of this delightfully sweet dessert are a breeze to whip up ahead of time, yet they taste like you fussed.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- English toffee bits
- In a small bowl, combine cold water and gelatin; let stand for 2
- minutes. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Add the cream and vanilla;
- beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in gelatin mixture
- just until blended.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish
- with toffee bits. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 322 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.