- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- English toffee bits
- In a small bowl, combine cold water and gelatin; let stand for 2 minutes. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Add the cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in gelatin mixture just until blended.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with toffee bits. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Magic Mousse in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p56
Reviews for Magic Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2015
"This was good and simple - but a little bland."
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2014
"This has been one of my kids favourite recipes."