Peanut butter, candy corn and macaroons are three of my favorite things, so I combine them all to make one magical sweet that's perfect for Halloween. —Jeanette Nelson, Bridgeport, West Virginia
Featured In: 30 Favorite Halloween Cookies
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup candy corn, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, mix coconut, candy corn, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and nuts; stir in egg white mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-22 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle cookies with melted baking chips; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Magic Macaroons in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p112
Reviews for Magic Macaroons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review