Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- 2. COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with fork.
- 3. BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
- 4. For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up with edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen bars.
Reviews for Magic Cookie Bars
"A little crumbly.....would be great with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream : )"
"This are excellent! My mom used to make them every year at Christmas! My daughter loves them with semi-sweet, milk, peanut butter and butterscotch chips and nuts! Great!"
"I love these cookie bars, but most of my family dose not like coconut. So I made them with 2 cups milk chocolate chips, 1 cup Kraft Caramel Bits, and 1 cup peanuts. Them turn out awesome, ooey, gooey deliciousness. I call them Snickers Magic Cookie Bars."
"gets rave reviews... I use fat free condensed milk and 1 3/4 cup choco chips."
"First time making this and it was great!"
"Try using 2 cups crushed corn flakes mixed with 6 Tablespoons sugar instead of the graham cracker crumbs. My family likes them better this way!"
"I've been making this treat for years. It's always a hit. I don't measure the coconut or nuts, just add 'till it looks right. Sometimes I'll also add butterscotch chips."
"They are easy to make and bake. They never last on a plate! Everyone loves them."
"My cousin made these with mint chocolate chips when we were visiting my sister near Christmas time. These taste so good whatever flavor you use for the chips."
"used to make these every holiday when I was younger, lost the recipe yrs ago, and have not been able to find it till now. Thank you so much for bring back great memories. Can't wait to make them for my hubby, he has never heard of them or tasted them."
"I have made these bars every Christmas for so many years - they are excellent. I have friends that wait for Christmas because they know they will receive a pan of the bars as a gift. joynan"