Magic Apple Pie Recipe
"This pie is unique-it forms its own crust on top as it bakes, and it has a chewy cake-like consistency," says Helen Hassler of Reinholds, Pennsylvania. It's inexpensive, too-just 13 cents per slice!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in apple and raisins. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 193 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Magic Apple Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC