"This pie is unique-it forms its own crust on top as it bakes, and it has a chewy cake-like consistency," says Helen Hassler of Reinholds, Pennsylvania. It's inexpensive, too-just 13 cents per slice!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in apple and raisins. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Magic Apple Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p35
Reviews for Magic Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review