- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in apple and raisins. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Magic Apple Pie
Sort By :
Delicious and so easy to make!!! I added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon which I think, made it even better!
wonderful recipe. I've been making this dessert for years! It's very quick, very simple and extremely good.
This is a really nice idea . Easy and quick when you don't have a lot of time. I did add a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla when I beat the egg and it adds another depth. Will also try it with snipped apricots and sweetened dried cranberries in place of the raisins. The "crust" is fantastic. Crunchy and crisp. A winner for a family dessert and with ice cream would be welcome for company.
This is a very delicious and super easy recipe. It is really only for 4 servings though and not 8. Will certainly make it again soon.
sounds really good, but just 1 apple??to serve 8? Is this a misprint?