When I got married, a lady at my parents’ church gave me this version of a popular Michigan treat. I sometimes pipe a bit of frosting on each piece for decoration during the holidays. —Kristen Ekhoff, Akron, Indiana
117 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 25 large marshmallows
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Decorating icing and sprinkles, optional
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with 2 teaspoons
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining
- butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add all chocolate; stir until
- melted. Stir in vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan; cool
- for 1 hour.
- Score into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours or until
- firm. Using foil, lift out fudge. Remove foil; cut fudge. Store
- between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers. Decorate as
- desired. Yield: 3 pounds (117 pieces).