- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 25 large marshmallows
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Decorating icing and sprinkles, optional
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add all chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan; cool for 1 hour.
- Score into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours or until firm. Using foil, lift out fudge. Remove foil; cut fudge. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers. Decorate as desired. Yield: 3 pounds (117 pieces).
Reviews for Mackinac Fudge
"So easy and yummy too."
"The best fudge ever!"
"This is THE best recipe for fudge I have ever made. I followed the directions exactly and it came out perfectly smooth and delicious. Be warned, though, it is addicting."
"Even though not exactly Mackinac fudge - close enough to make me happy. Grew up vacationing there my entire childhood. Live far away now - was nice to share a taste and some memories with my adult children. The platter was gone in less than 24 hours. Glad I tucked some away for Christmas day :-)"
"My first time making fudge - GREAT recipe! This is a no-brainer if you follow the instructions"