Machaca Beef Dip Sandwiches Recipe
The winning combination of beef, cumin, chili powder and the spicy heat of chipotle peppers makes these sandwiches game-day food at its finest! —Karol Chandler-Ezell, Nacogdoches, Texas
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 French rolls, split
- Guacamole and salsa, optional
- 1. Place roast in a 3- to 4-qt. slow cooker; top with onion. Combine the broth, water, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, gravy mix, Creole seasoning, chili powder and cumin; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place meat on rolls. Serve with cooking juices and guacamole or salsa if desired.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled meat mixture and juices freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve on rolls with guacamole and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC