- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 French rolls, split
- Guacamole and salsa, optional
- Place roast in a 3- to 4-qt. slow cooker; top with onion. Combine the broth, water, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, gravy mix, Creole seasoning, chili powder and cumin; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place meat on rolls. Serve with guacamole or salsa if desired and the cooking juices.
Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Serve on rolls with guacamole and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMachaca Beef Dip Sandwiches
"Great flavor, loved the spice but was a bit salty for me!! But overall a great & easy recipe!"
"This is one of my family's favorite sandwich recipes. We always fight over the leftovers!"
"I made this a couple days ago and my husband absolutely LOVED it! It was a little spicy but super delish!"
"My husband said that this was the best beef dip sandwich he has ever had. It has a great flavor and was easy to prepare. I will be making this one over. GREAT recipe"