- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 8 macaroons, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large skillet, combine the rhubarb, apple, brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-13 minutes or until rhubarb is very tender. Combine cornstarch and water smooth; gradually add to the fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbled cookies, butter, sugar and remaining cinnamon. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Macaroon-Topped Rhubarb Cobbler
Sort By :
I didn't have macaroons and wasn't going to drive to the store to purchase any BUT I did have my homemade snickerdoodles on hand and used those. Also, did not use an apple just added more rhubarb. My company thought it was great and so today when I make it I will do the same thing. The snickerdoodles already have the extra sugar and cinnamon on them so didn't need to add any more. Loved how easy it was! Thank you for sharing.