Macaroon Sweet Potato Bake
This casserole can be made the night before and chilled. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Top with the buttered crumbled macaroons before putting in the oven. William Waller, Lady Lake, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 macaroons, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons butter,
- brown sugar, amaretto or extract, salt and ginger; beat until
- smooth. Stir in the pecans and marmalade.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Toss macaroons with
- remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 567 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.