This casserole can be made the night before and chilled. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Top with the buttered crumbled macaroons before putting in the oven. —William Waller, Lady Lake, Florida
- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 macaroons, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, amaretto or extract, salt and ginger; beat until smooth. Stir in the pecans and marmalade.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Toss macaroons with remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroon Sweet Potato Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p129
Reviews for Macaroon Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review