- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 macaroons, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, amaretto or extract, salt and ginger; beat until smooth. Stir in the pecans and marmalade.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Toss macaroons with remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroon Sweet Potato Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p129
Reviews for Macaroon Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
"This was quite good, but my family unanimously agreed Taste of Home's Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes is the better recipe."