These festive cookies are made in the microwave, keeping your oven free for other holiday baking. I sometimes top the cookies with chocolate bells instead of kisses.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup quartered candied cherries
- Chocolate kisses or whole candied cherries
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, marshmallows and
- extract. Microwave, uncover, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until
- melted. In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, coconut, almonds and
- quartered cherries. Stir in marshmallow mixture until coated. Drop
- by tablespoonful onto waxed paper kisses or candied cherries in the
- center of each. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 122 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.