Macaroon Kisses Recipe
One taste and I think you'll agree this is the best coconut cookie you've ever tasted. These eye-catching cookies are always the first to disappear from the cookie tray.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) milk chocolate kisses
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3-2/3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in remaining coconut. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 221 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Macaroon Kisses
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC