- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3-2/3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in remaining coconut. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMacaroon Kisses
"Really good cookies. A bit time consuming to make, but worth it. Once cooled I placed them on a parchment lined cookie sheet to freeze individually. Once frozen stacked them in a plastic container w/ wax paper in between layers and back into the freezer for later use. This recipe made 62 cookies. Will make again."
"I am making the recipe again right now. =) These cookies are amazing!"
"One of my favorite cookies, instead of using one mini kiss i just put two or three choc chips on top, easier to eat that way:)"