Macaroon Ice Cream Torte
"My family loves any frozen dessert," writes Barbara Carlucci of Orange Park, Florida. "I often make this recipe for special occasions. I found it in a ladies' club cookbook where it was called "the girdlebuster.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 24 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 (1.4 ounces) Heath candy bar, coarsely chopped
- Hot fudge topping, warmed
- Sprinkle a third of the cookies into an ungreased 9-in. springform
- pan. Top with 2 cups coffee ice cream, a third of the cookies, 2
- cups chocolate ice cream and 1/2 cup toffee bits. Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges;
- drizzle with hot fudge topping. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 341 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.