Macaroon Ice Cream Torte Recipe
- 30 chocolate or plain macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 (1.4 ounces) Heath candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Hot fudge topping, warmed
- 1. Sprinkle a third of the cookies into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Layer with 2 cups coffee ice cream, another third of the cookies, 2 cups chocolate ice cream and 1/2 cup toffee bits; repeat layers.
- 2. Freeze, covered, until firm. May be frozen up to 2 months. Remove torte from freezer 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with fudge topping. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice (calculated without fudge topping): 341 calories, 20g fat (11g sat. fat), 36mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 37g carbohydrates (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Macaroon Ice Cream Torte
"This is a great ice cream dessert and very impressive. Everyone thinks it has been bought at an ice cream shop. Oh, and it is DELICIOUS!!!!"
"great for summer. I usually use 1/2 gal. each for the ice creams."
"Everyone loved this recipe. It is so delicious and a great dessert for a hot summer day."
"This was unbelivable, amazing and easy. I made this for a lunch date and forbid the kids to touch it, we wanted it ALL for ourselves!"
"THIS DESSERT IS SINFULLY DELICIOUS. I MADE IT FOR COMPANY & THEY WENT WILD. I DO LIKE THE ORIGINAL NAME OF "THE GIRDLEBUSTER". TODAY WE COULD CALL IT A SPANX BUSTER."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.