"My family loves any frozen dessert," writes Barbara Carlucci of Orange Park, Florida. "I often make this recipe for special occasions. I found it in a ladies' club cookbook where it was called "the girdlebuster.
- 24 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 (1.4 ounces) Heath candy bar, coarsely chopped
- Hot fudge topping, warmed
- Sprinkle a third of the cookies into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Top with 2 cups coffee ice cream, a third of the cookies, 2 cups chocolate ice cream and 1/2 cup toffee bits. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges; drizzle with hot fudge topping. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Macaroon Ice Cream Torte in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p6
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Macaroon Ice Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review