- 30 chocolate or plain macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 (1.4-ounce) Heath candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Hot fudge topping, warmed
- Sprinkle a third of the cookies into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Layer with 2 cups coffee ice cream, another third of the cookies, 2 cups chocolate ice cream and 1/2 cup toffee bits; repeat layers.
- Freeze, covered, until firm. May be frozen up to 2 months. Remove torte from freezer 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with fudge topping. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Macaroon Ice Cream Torte
"I made this years ago and still enjoy it today. How can you go wrong with Heath bars?You don't even have to have the fudge topping, it is really delicious straight out ofthe pan as is. Super easy to make and everyone loves it. Thanks for sharing therecipe, I , too still call it " The Girdlebuster" and it's fun to share the original name."
"This is a great ice cream dessert and very impressive. Everyone thinks it has been bought at an ice cream shop. Oh, and it is DELICIOUS!!!!"
"great for summer. I usually use 1/2 gal. each for the ice creams."
"Everyone loved this recipe. It is so delicious and a great dessert for a hot summer day."
"This was unbelivable, amazing and easy. I made this for a lunch date and forbid the kids to touch it, we wanted it ALL for ourselves!"
"THIS dessert IS SINFULLY DELICIOUS. I MADE IT FOR COMPANY & THEY WENT WILD. I DO LIKE THE ORIGINAL NAME OF "THE GIRDLEBUSTER". TODAY WE COULD CALL IT A SPANX BUSTER."