Macaroon Cookies Recipe
- 5-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Drop 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. With a spatula dipped in water, immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 151 calories, 8g fat (7g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Macaroon Cookies
"These macaroons are delicious. After baking and cooling, I dipped the bottom in melted chocolate. Decadent!"
"While my Boyfriend loves this recipe, I found that making them was harder than I thought. Mine did not turn out like the picture and I was a bit frustrated with it."
"I loved these cookies and if you cook them just right, they have a crispy coconut shell and a chewy center, which is perfect (and they stick to the pan if you don't cook them long enough). I used fat free sweetened condensed milk to make them more diet-friendly so I wouldn't feel guilty downing 5 or 6 in one sitting!"
"I made these for a dessert party I had and they were a favorite!! I didn't baked them the full 10 minutes so they would be extra chewy. I'm making them again for Father's Day. I love recipies like this that taste like a lot more work than they are!!!"
"These were great little cookies! We added a few chocolate chips, and everybody loved them."
"These are the kind of macaroons I've been looking for!! They are yummy!"