Macaroon Cookies Recipe
- 5-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Drop 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. With a spatula dipped in water, immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 8 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Macaroon Cookies
"These macaroons are delicious. After baking and cooling, I dipped the bottom in melted chocolate. Decadent!"
"While my Boyfriend loves this recipe, I found that making them was harder than I thought. Mine did not turn out like the picture and I was a bit frustrated with it."
"I loved these cookies and if you cook them just right, they have a crispy coconut shell and a chewy center, which is perfect (and they stick to the pan if you don't cook them long enough). I used fat free sweetened condensed milk to make them more diet-friendly so I wouldn't feel guilty downing 5 or 6 in one sitting!"
"I made these for a dessert party I had and they were a favorite!! I didn't baked them the full 10 minutes so they would be extra chewy. I'm making them again for Father's Day. I love recipies like this that taste like a lot more work than they are!!!"
"These were great little cookies! We added a few chocolate chips, and everybody loved them."
"These are the kind of macaroons I've been looking for!! They are yummy!"