Macaroon Cherry Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Bake 6 minutes; set aside.
- Drain cherries, reserving 1 cup juice. Set cherries aside. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in cherry juice until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon and food coloring if desired. Gently fold in cherries. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine first six topping ingredients. Stir in coconut and almonds.
- Remove foil from pie; spoon topping over pie. Reduce oven to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Chill 4 hours or overnight before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Macaroon Cherry Pie
Sort By :
"My favorite cherry pie!! Have even made the recipe with no crust and putting the filling in custard cups and doubling the topping and dividing between the cup. Delightful!!"
"I love the topping on this pie! It was fabulous."
"I Love this pie and it's so easy!"