Macaroon Bars Recipe
Guests will never recognize the refrigerated crescent roll dough that goes into these almond-flavored bars. You can assemble these chewy coconut treats in no time. —Carolyn Kyzer, Alexander, Arkansas
- 3-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups coconut into a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine milk and extract; drizzle half over the coconut. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place in pan. Drizzle with remaining milk mixture; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 103 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC