- 3-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups coconut into a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine milk and extract; drizzle half over the coconut. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place in pan. Drizzle with remaining milk mixture; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Macaroon Bars
"Okay, this is the third time I've made these, and I think I finally have it down right for my family. Line your pan with non-stick aluminum foil and lightly spray with Pam. I also thought the almond flavoring was a bit over powering. I used 1/2 tsp of almond extract and 1 tsp of vanilla. I also sprinkled toasted pecans of the top before I drizzled the last half of the sweetened condensed milk. Voila! They come off the foil with no problem and the change in extracts and addition of toasted pecans was a winner for my family. Easy and delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"This recipe couldn't be simpler. I poured the sweetened condensed milk into a measuring glass for mixing in the almond extract - then it was easy to dispense half per layer. I also sprinkled thin almond slices on top before baking. It looked and tasted delicious!"
"I used low fat crescent dough and low fat sweetened condensed milk and everyone liked these. BUT they stick to the pan eventho' I greased the pan really well. Any ideas?"
"Great dessert! Easy to make and everyone enjoyed it. Will definitely make again!"
"This is confusing because they don't tell you to drizzle the second layer of coconut with the other half of the milk and extract mixture."
"Delicious! Very easy! Enjoyed equally by kids and adults. *Last step in preparation: sprinkle with remaining coconut and drizzle with remaining milk."
"Do you mean to add remaining milk and coconut after the crescent dough? Recipe says drizzle with remaining coconut ???"