Guests will never recognize the refrigerated crescent roll dough that goes into these almond-flavored bars. You can assemble these chewy coconut treats in no time. —Carolyn Kyzer, Alexander, Arkansas
- 3-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups coconut into a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine milk and extract; drizzle half over the coconut. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place in pan. Drizzle with remaining milk mixture; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Macaroon Bars in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p8
Reviews for Macaroon Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review