Macaroon Apple Cobbler Recipe
Meet the Cook: Especially when I'm just serving a dessert, I like to prepare this. I'll usually make it with fresh apples - but I've also sometimes used home-canned ones. Our sons are both grown, and my husband and I have two grandchildren. -Phyllis Hinck, Lake City, Minnesota
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Place the apples in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Top with coconut and pecans; set aside. top with coconut and pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended.
- 3. Carefully spread over apples. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC