Macaroon Apple Cobbler Recipe
Meet the Cook: Especially when I'm just serving a dessert, I like to prepare this. I'll usually make it with fresh apples - but I've also sometimes used home-canned ones. Our sons are both grown, and my husband and I have two grandchildren. -Phyllis Hinck, Lake City, Minnesota
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Place the apples in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Top with coconut and pecans; set aside. top with coconut and pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended.
- 3. Carefully spread over apples. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 320 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Macaroon Apple Cobbler
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"Very sweet, but good."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC