- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Place the apples in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Top with coconut and pecans; set aside.
- To make topping, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended.
- Drop small spoonfuls over apples. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroon Apple Cobbler in Country Woman March/April 1999, p31
Reviews for Macaroon Apple Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"Very sweet, but good."