Macaroni with Beef and Beans Recipe
My family enjoys this dish as an alternative to plain macaroni and cheese. Every summer and fall, I freeze lots of beans, as well as corn, carrots, green peppers and pumpkins, and I also make many varieties of pickles.—Debbie Hagen, Mayville, North Dakota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until macaroni is tender. Thin with water if necessary. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 237 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Macaroni with Beef and Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC