- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato or vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, saute the zucchini, onion and carrot in butter until tender. Add broth and tomato juice. Bring to a boil; stir in macaroni and cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in beans and corn; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Macaroni Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p45
Reviews for Macaroni Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2011
"I don't use the zucchini;substitute ham sometimes instead. Kids and I really like it. Husband is not a huge fan, but that's just him!"