- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato or vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, saute the zucchini, onion and carrot in butter until tender. Add broth and tomato juice. Bring to a boil; stir in macaroni and cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in beans and corn; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Macaroni Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p45
Reviews for Macaroni Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2011
"I don't use the zucchini;substitute ham sometimes instead. Kids and I really like it. Husband is not a huge fan, but that's just him!"