Macaroni Taco Bake Recipe
Comforting mac and cheese with a touch of taco flavoring and tortilla-chip crunch…no wonder kids love it! Moms will love that it's ready in no time flat and isn't expensive to make. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa; set aside.
- 2. Spread macaroni into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chips and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 597 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 991 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC