Macaroni Scramble Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked cellentani (spiral pasta) or elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Drain pasta; add to beef mixture. Stir in the soup, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 351 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.