Macaroni Sausage Supper Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Drain macaroni; stir into sausage mixture. Add olives. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the soup, milk and pepper. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Pour over sausage mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat turkey sausage, reduced-fat soup, fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheese) equals 410 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,664 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.