- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain macaroni; stir into sausage mixture. Add olives. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the soup, milk and pepper. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Macaroni Sausage Supper
Sort By :
"I usually do not like mac & cheese for dinner, I think of it for my children's lunch. I was looking for something different for dinner and found this recipe. As is, it is wonderful, delicious, filling and mouth watering to eat. I used half Italian and hot Italian bulk sausage (because I had a bit of each on hand). The rest of the ingredients just made it more special. I have passed this along to my friends and they feel the same about it. Thank you for sharing Joyce Clauson."
"Absolutely wonderful! One of the best dishes in my recipe file and so easy to put together!"
"This recipe is delicious! So much flavor added to a classic dish of macaroni and cheese. I will definitely be making this again."
"This is really good! I also made this for a large group by doubling everthing and using a third can of the spicy fiesta cream soup and adding green chilies."