Macaroni Salad Tomato Cups Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced deli ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. Drain macaroni and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the macaroni, ham, cheese and celery.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion powder and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Spoon into tomato cups. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired with any additional salad on the side. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese, fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 272 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.